Name:Kutty Selva Nandakumar
Title:Professor of Pharmacology
h-index:33(Web of Science)
EU Research Expert ID:EX2012D129157
2011.06 - 2016.01 Lund University (Sweden), Medical Inflammation Science, D.Sc.
1989.08 - 1995.12 Madurai Kamaraj University (India), Immunology, PhD
1988.10 - 1989.06 All India Institute of Medical Sciences (India), Project Student
1986.08 - 1988.04 University of Madras (India), Biochemistry, Master
1983.08 - 1986.04 University of Madras (India), Chemistry, Bachelor
2016.10 - Present Southern Medical University (China), School of Pharmaceutical Sciences Professor (100%)
2011.12 - 2023.11 Karolinska Institute (Sweden), Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Docent (Affiliated with Title)
2011.12 - 2016.11 Karolinska Institute (Sweden), Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics,Senior scientist
2013.09 - 2016.06 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (USA), Adjunct Faculty
2008.11 - 2011.11 Karolinska Institute (Sweden), Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Assistant Professor
2008.07 - 2008.10 Karolinska Institute (Sweden), Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Researcher
1998.06 - 2008.06 Lund University (Sweden), Department of Experimental Medicine, Researcher
1996.01 - 1998.05 Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (India), Tumor Immunology, Postdoctoral Fellow
Current Research Areas:
1 Investigating protein citrullination and IgG glycosylation
2. Analyzing estrogen and phytoestrogen effects on arthritis and psoriasis
3. Developing Mouse models for inflammatory diseases tostudy disease mechanisms
4. Studying the effects of bacterial outer-membrane vesicles on immune cell activationand efferocytosis
Research Group in SMU:
1. Huimei Wu, Master-PhD student (2017 - )
2. Qinghua Fang, PhD student (2018 - )
3. Tingting Wang, PhD student (2018 - )
4. Jiaxin Ou, Master-PhD student (2018 - )
5. Lixia Mo, Master student (2020 - )
6. Yuzhe Wu, Master student (2020 - )
Previous group Members:
1. Ningchao Du, MD, PhD
2. Kangxin Li, PhD
Associate Editor for Frontiers in Immunology
Member of Editorial board for journals: 5
Adhoc referee for journals: 30
1. European Commission (EU) - 2016 -2020
2. Arthritis Research Campaign, Versus arthritis and MRC (UK) - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
3. Karolinska Institute (Sweden) - 2012-2016
4. Ulla and Gustaf Foundation (Sweden), 2016-2018
5. Technology Foundation, STW (The Netherlands) - 2012
Executive Council Member/Member:
1. 2ndboard of Speciality Committee of Immunology of TCM of World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (2018 - 2023).
2. First council for Macau International Collaboration Alliance for Rheumatology Research (2018 - 2021).
3. Member of Nan Yang Academy of Sciences (Singapore) (2018 - ).
PhD Thesis Faculty Opponent, Judging Committee Chairman, Member or Evaluator:
1. JSS university (India) - 2013, 2018
2. Karolinska Institute (Sweden) - 2013 to 2015
3. Periyar University (India) - 2013 to 2015
4. University of Valencia (Spain) - 2012
5. Uppsala University(Sweden)- 2009
Completed PhD Students and Postdoc:
1. Ningchao Du (China), 2020, “Phytoestrogen protects collagen induced arthritis by increasing IgG glycosylation and inhibiting osteoclast activity”, Southern Medical University, China.
2. Ia Khmaladze (Georgia), 2014, “Understanding inflammatory mechanisms in rheumatic diseases”, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
3. Dorota Klaczkowska (Poland), 2012, “Finding genes controlling arthritis in mice - Fcg receptors and complement C5”, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
4. Alex Bersellini Farinotti (Sweden), 2019, “Antibody activation of sensory neurons: exploring novel pain mechanisms in rheumatoid arthritis”, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology,Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
5. Gustaf Wigerblad (Sweden), 2016, Mechanisms of pain autoimmunity - the role of antibodies,Department of Physiology and Pharmacology,Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
6. Ingrid Lindh (Sweden), 2013, Autoantibody recognition of collagen type II in arthritis, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
7. Akhilesh Kumar Shakya (India), 2012-2013, Characteization of stimuli-responsive polymers as adjuvants in arthritis, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
Total publications:>155(excludingmanuscripts and conference proceedings)